piles/Hemorrhoids types -causes,prevention and treatment
What is a Pile?
A Pile is a swollen area of the anus and the lower rectum. It’s similar to a varicose vein in the legs. A Pile can form both inside and outside the anus.
- pain or discomfort in the anus
itching in the anus
- bleeding from the anus, usually red in color
- lumps or swelling around the anus
- feeling full in the anus, even after a bowel movement
- mottling of mucus from the anus
- Straining during bowel movements
- Chronic constipation
- Lifting heavy weights
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Low-fiber diet
- Internal piels
Pile formation is the formation of internal piles in the rectum. Pile formation is generally painless, but it can also cause bleeding during bowel movements.
- External piels
External piles occur under the skin on the outside of the anus. These can cause itching, pain, and sometimes bleeding.
- Consuming a high fiber diet to keep your stool soft and easier to pass
- Drinking plenty of fluids so you don’t dehydrate
- Taking OTC pain relievers/stomach softeners
- Using sitz baths (soaking your body in warm water for 10 to 20 minutes)
- Avoid straining during your bowel movements